Good salary or not enough?

JonnoA

Been googling this for a while but cant really find any definitive answers...

I'm a single guy, 29, moving to Sydney in Feb.

I've been offered a job at AUD$75,000 including the superannuation of 9%.

My job highly depends on bonuses and commission, so once I'm up and running this should go up and have been promised a $15k hike in base if I hit certain targets in first 6 months.

Only worry I have is will that 75k initially be enough to live ok? Appreciate any thoughts!

Oh, and, Merry Christmas :-D

Been googling this for a while but cant really find any definitive answers...

I'm a single guy, 29, moving to Sydney in Feb.

I've been offered a job at AUD$75,000 including the superannuation of 9%.

My job highly depends on bonuses and commission, so once I'm up and running this should go up and have been promised a $15k hike in base if I hit certain targets in first 6 months.

Only worry I have is will that 75k initially be enough to live ok? Appreciate any thoughts!

Oh, and, Merry Christmas :-D

If you are happy to live in shared accommodation, then I htink this wil be fine for a single guy, not living the high life but doing fine.

Thanks, it's just a temporary situation as the majority of the income you should make in the field is from commission, but giving myself 6 months living off of salary, thought it might be a bit difficult.

Think I'd go into shared accommodation regardless though as its the best way to meet people! Just wanted to be sure that I could reasonably survive.

As an immigrant I'm thinking I'll take home $3,500 a month-ish (done a load of different tax calculations) and with rent around $1,250 a month for shared, this will leave $2,250 for other expenses.

Find it amazing that I was able to live off of £700 a month at university and live well!

Anyway thanks for the help, guess I'll have to see what other fixed expenses I'll have and work it out from there

Thanks, it's just a temporary situation as the majority of the income you should make in the field is from commission, but giving myself 6 months living off of salary, thought it might be a bit difficult.

Think I'd go into shared accommodation regardless though as its the best way to meet people! Just wanted to be sure that I could reasonably survive.

As an immigrant I'm thinking I'll take home $3,500 a month-ish (done a load of different tax calculations) and with rent around $1,250 a month for shared, this will leave $2,250 for other expenses.

Find it amazing that I was able to live off of £700 a month at university and live well!

Anyway thanks for the help, guess I'll have to see what other fixed expenses I'll have and work it out from there

You should be taking home more than that per month, well over $4k I should think. You probably won't be paid monthly though, also rents don't tend to work monthly either, try to start thinking of rents in weekly amounts.

Cheers Rupert,

Good to know it will be more than I expected!

I've double checked my contract and unfortunately it is monthly...paid weekly would be quite useful given the rent situation etc.

Tough to get your head around, but I guess I'll have to start making a weekly budget rather than monthly

Archived