submitted online visa app- confusion -

cyberslam

hey all!

i have finally applied for my 489 visa online, got the TRN# and now at the stage where i have to attach the relative documents.

and this is where my confusion starts. If i login to eVisa using my TRN# and look at the docs that i have to attach (attached screenshot), it also includes the health + police clearence cert which i thought would be required when my CO asks for it? :-|

Also, the doc for "Australian qualificaiton..." is recommended whereas i don't have any and i didn't indicate i have one during the app lodging process..

the "action" column changes to "required" once i upload the doc type

perhaps, i don't know fully how the eVisa process works :-|

Thanks guys!

evisa.jpg

evisa.jpg

Australian evidence, it appears on all visa applicants' pages - don't worry about it at all. Same goes to Qualifications - Australian.

The action column does changes to Required when docs are uploaded - Yes, this is correct. It will change to "Received" when a case officer starts looking into your application.

You can upload Police Cert if you already have it.

Hope the above info is useful!

Cheers,

Waj.

Hi Cyberslam,

My advice is wait to be asked to do your medicals..I learnt very expensively that its better to wait to be asked by your CO. I got the checklist and did everything and waited for allocation of a co who then told me I should have waited . medicals about to expire no positive news yet. Good luck with everything.

thanks a lot guys!

there is still one thing which i can't seem to find in the online system. I have applied for the 489 (family sponsored) visa but i can't find the relevant doc type to attach the docs required (birth cert of sponsor, sponsor visa type etc..) if sponsored by a family member :-|

thanks a lot guys!

there is still one thing which i can't seem to find in the online system. I have applied for the 489 (family sponsored) visa but i can't find the relevant doc type to attach the docs required (birth cert of sponsor, sponsor visa type etc..) if sponsored by a family member :-|

Can you not choose "Other" under "Birth or Age Evidence of" or "Identity, Evidence of" and type what you want? I did that for a few of my Wife's documents!

• 3 weeks later...
^ Waj, that's what i ended up doing in the end ;-)

Btw guys, i submitted my app on the 18th Dec and it still hasn't been reviewed yet.. is it normal? :-|

Mate immigration are closed from like 21st dec until 4th jan.. (they may not officially admit this, but they are ;)

• 1 month later...

hey again everyone...

strangely, the status of all my docs are still set to "required" meaning they haven't been viewed yet.

the application was filed on 18th DEC so i am kinda getting worried its taking this long to even view them... is this normal by any chance?

Thanks!

Hi Cyberslam, This is the hard part of the process - the waiting. . . . . . .. . . . . . You send in all the documents and then you wait. You are assigned a CO and then you wait. You are asked to get police certs and Medicals and then you wait. Finally you get the Visa grant. :-) It will be worth it in the end though. We applied June 2012, got CO end Aug, had meds done, form 80's and police certs done end Sept and 176 PR visas granted Nov 2012. One way flights booked for Aug 2013 - exciting times. Just remember, good things come to those who wait!!! Good luck with your application from Fabscouter.

• 2 months later...