visa times

johnd

my wife and myself have just applied, we are doing it ourselves,(we were told by an agent it wopuld take 9 months), I have an aussie trade cert from a previous visit there so I don't have to get my skills assessed,(we have had this confirmed,my trade is also on the MODL),so if skills assessment :? takes three months am I right in thinking it will only take 6 months for our visas?. What is all this 'front loading' people are talking about,(something to do with the medicals & police checks???). any info would be great.

johnd.

p.s. we also hold Canadian residency and that took two years to finalise we don't want to wait that long!!!!!!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi John

Don't know about your main visa. I'm not involved with a comparable type of visas.

Frontloading is getting the meds & pccs done ahead of them being requested. The potential catch is that each of them are only valid for 12 months at a stretch. Police checks are cheap, so it doesn't matter if you have to get 2 lots of those in the event of unforeseen problems causing delays. The meds are not cheap, so you wouldn't want to have to get those done twice, I suspect.

Hope this helps

Gill

Archived