Cancellation of EOI

Jonnyenglish

Afternoon folks,

Anyone know how long it takes for an EOI account to be cancelled after a visa has been granted from it?

Reason I ask is that I'm considering hedging my bets and submitting another EOI for a 189/190 Visa after just being granted a 489 provisional. In retrospect I should not have applied so hastily for the 489 as a full PR visa would better suit my needs. Despite my visa grant my original EOI account is still live, showing as "lodged" instead of "granted". I have been informed by a nice calltaker at DIAC that you can only have one EOI account at any one time and that I can only apply for a second visa through a new EOI account once my first EOI account has been cancelled.

Does anyone have any experience in these circumstances?

Cheers,

Jonny

I have no idea but would be interested in others replies. We are not sure whether to apply for a 489 visa or just hang in for a 189/190. I thought from posts on here you can submit as many EOIs as you like but not sure it these are 'cancelled' once an invite to apply for a visa has been received. What's your reasons for wanting to cancel your 489? A 489 still leads to permanent residency.

Lou

Afternoon folks,

Anyone know how long it takes for an EOI account to be cancelled after a visa has been granted from it?

Reason I ask is that I'm considering hedging my bets and submitting another EOI for a 189/190 Visa after just being granted a 489 provisional. With retrospect I should not have applied so hastily for the 489 as a full PR visa would better suit my needs. Despite my visa grant my original EOI account is still live, showing as "lodged" instead of "granted". I have been informed by a nice calltaker at DIAC that you can only have one EOI account at any one time and that I can only apply for a second visa through a new EOI account once my first EOI account has been cancelled.

Does anyone have any experience in these circumstances?

Cheers,

Jonny

Ours was cancelled 2 days after grant,

Seeing as how I started my EOI before i knew what else to do, I was under the impression that I could apply for several different visas on the same EOI. The system let me put 4 options in before I realised I needed my qualifications checked. Good luck with whatever you do mate!

Archived