Which visa to apply for???

Chall77

I know this may sound very basic but I am wondering what visa to apply for. I am a primary school teacher and my documents are being checked by AITSL (this will be a formality) and I have booked my IELTS test to score more points. I am slightly confused as to which visa to go for and the agencies out there seem a bit hit and miss from what I can gather.

I'm guessing I preferably need a 189 or 190 if teaching is still on the skills list when I get to apply, otherwise it's a 489 I think? Can I also ask what the basic steps to applying are please? The way I see it is that once I hopefully pass my IELTS I can make my EOI, then comes the state application and IF that is successful, I apply for my visa??? Any help and tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation!

Chall.

If you apply for 489 you need to live in Regional Australia for 2 years and work full-time for 1 year, and then you are eligible to apply for PR through the 887 visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/

Thanks for the help here. I really want to teach remote so a 489 might be a good route to go down so long as can find work. Do you know how easy it is to find work in regional districts? Thanks again.

Archived