309 Visa some more advice please :)

zeroasylum

Hoping to send my 309 application next week. Just want to check a few things

Firstly going to go to embassy in London to get following certified

Marriage cert

Both wife’s and mine birth cert with parent’s names

Both of out passports

Statement about us regarding our relationship

We are getting her mom who is visiting at the moment to write a statement as well as an Australian friend who lives in London, can also get another who has moved to New York. Who can witness these and do the writers of the statements have to be present for the witnessing.

Going to provide 12months bank statements showing how we pay for things house hold etc.

Car insurance cert we are both on

12month statement for electricity and gas as well as phone and internet bills.

Photos from when we med as well as one or two proofs of events we have attended together such as wedding invitations

What else would I need?

Also in terms of police checks I can my wife being Australian does she fill in the UK one and will they check with Australian police or does she need a separate Australian one.

Thanks

Zeroasylum

hi im near completion of my 309 spouse visa, everything you have sounds good. the people who are doing the stat decs do you have to be there at the witnessing as they have to swear its the truth. im not to sure when it come to your police checks. My boyfriend who has dual nationality didnt have to do medicals or police checks just me. Hope this helps a little.

Good Luck

As you are the applicant, why would your wife be getting police checks? Surely it is you that needs to do that.

If stat declarations are required and you are in the UK then you need to follow the UK process, UK wording and a notary public can witness the stat dec, teachers cannot. That said, I am not sure you actually have to get stat decs outside Australia, I thought many people just provided written statements.

I didn't get this visa however, I am sure some people that did will be along shortly to share their experiences.