Skilled Visa - Points for Overseas work experience?

Lou8670

I'm confused as our skills assessor will only assess experience post qualification but does this mean you can only claim points on your visa application for related work experience post qualification or is this separate from our skills assessment and we can claim the points if the experience is related?

For Overseas experience immi state in their information booklet "In the 10 years immediately prior to receiving an invitation, you have been employed outside Australia in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation, for a period totalling at least xx months (x years)" in order to claim additional points.

many thanks

experience post required qualifications is what counts. So if you're a dentist you only get points for the experience you gained after qualifying as a dentist.

The work experience before qualifying as a dentist cant be closely related as you weren't qualified.

Just using the whole dentistry thing as an example of course.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have been in my industry for over 23 years but until very recently I had no official qualification, all my training had been in-house.

I got an AQF on grounds of recognized prior learning for my skills assessment.

However, I also got letters from my employers stating that I had performed my job to the level expected of a fully trained tradesman. This was also submitted for my skills assessment and I was told by a reputable agent that these statements would be good enough to prove experience, along with P60's.

Archived