whv convictions processing times, stress!

Guest Michael La Roche

Guest Michael La Roche

Ok , so last night i applied for a a 417 working holiday visa on the DIAC website, i paid for this and received my transaction reference number (TRN) and reciept, however i cant access the progress of my application which asks for my transaction reference number, however i hold an e676 visa and it wasnt until initial processing of my application had commenced that i had even attempted to access this service, and when DIAC contacts me to let me know that application processing has commenced i wil be likely able to use this service. initial processing hasnt commenced as of yet as they have not notified me via email.

However this is not my major issue, i declared all convictions on my record as i have previously and always been completely honest with diac, on my curren e676 visa application i was asked for police certificates etc for which i provided to diac, therefore when i had the option to attach documents for my 417 visa i decided to front load the application with the certificates and summary of events etc, as the certificates are still valid for another four months ( uk police certificates valid for 12months for Diac from date of creation) or so, thats what the guy at australia house had told me, anyway with the about offences (Common assault) - occurred in 2009 when i was just 14, (18 now though) and i received an 18month conditional discharge for (this is not a prison sentence,), however i wasn't actually actually convicted until 2011, as i had lived in france with my dad for 9 months. i entered australia in june 2012 on an e676 visa and declared everything at application stage and landing card i was found to be of good character and thus passed the character test. so much relies heavily on this visa, my boyfriend lives out on a WHV, and i didnt see him for 7months whilst he was there, i dont want to be excluded from australia due to the fact that i have a record and im extremlely embarassed about it, we both have been through so much together and he is only there because we had planned to go together but didnt and broke up, i then surprised him out there in june, as ive frontloaded my application provided everything they may possibly ask more to save them the trouble, including police checks and summary of events, the guy at australia house, london told me that if my whv is denied then i will still hold my e676 visa and can travel to australia. im just worried sick about it all, he means so much to me, and i want to travel back, anybody been in similar circumstance? im just a little at ease due to the fact i had previously passed the character test and diac already know of my convictions and granted me my e676, but worried if attach police certs without being asked for them was a bad idea for my whv 417, all already paid for etc, i just wanted it all to already be prepared for them so it can be asessed quicker

i was convicted of assualt in 2011, 18month conditional discharge, a very embarassing mark on my record and i have since gone on to do very well in school, currently studying in college and speak fluent french, at the time the offences occurred i was 14, young and very silly. i have already been found to pass the character test on my e676 and visited australia and declared all convictions on application , howevere my question is with regards to whether passing the character test once will it be ok this time? what do you think, after all i've never been to jail etc, and i was young, silly and have matured significently since then, also when applying for my whv 417 i just attached all police certs anyway, despite they never requested them as i wanted them to process it quicker and save them the hassle of later requesting them, will this be a problem ? also what other documents are required for 417 whv? will my passport data page, birth certs etc already be on the system from my current visa?

Guest Michael La Roche

Honesty is the best policy, if it goes balls up at least you can go on your current visa, and always apply for a whv later.
i have declared everything, nerve wrecking procedure though, it says it take 6days for finalisation, did it on tuesday night - wednesday australia, should i attach the passport front page to my application also ?

Guest Michael La Roche
Not sure mate, i haven't started my application yet so don't really know. When you thinking of going there?

24th December, that's the plan!

Archived