Superannuation

Guest Vivienne51

Guest Vivienne51

I am an Australian citizen with dual nationality with an Oz tfn, I came to the UK to live in 2001 and now I am 61 years of age would like to close my Australian superannuation investment and have the proceeds sent to my UK bank account. My super company advises they can only transfer the money to an Australian bank account, this seems a bit silly as I will be going to the Australian High Commissione to have my identily etc notarised by them. Is anyone any the wiser on this?

Hi Vivienne

I am not aware of a Super Fund that will pay money direct to a British Bank Account although that is not to say some won't.

Usually on any withdrawal form we compete for clients there is never a choice for anything other than an Australian Banks/Financial Institutions Account or a cheque.

Can you get them to pay you by cheque and then get it converted in the UK?

Regards

Andy

My UK rental income is paid into my UK bank account with Smile and I just use my VISA Debit card to pay for things in OZ. If I ever want to transfer larger sums of money I just send them an email and they send it to my ANZ account. I was planning to have my UK pensions paid into the same account and carry on as usual.

Perhaps you could do the same thing in reverse in the UK? With the FX rates in your favour it might even be beneficial to do that?

I suppose I should be worrying about the charges for each transaction but I have never bothered to do that!