Is this the norm?

SoozyB

Howdy everyone!

Just looking for a bit of advice.....

OH and me are moving to Melbourne first week in January 2013. He has a job secured (457)

I have been looking for work also but each CV or application I complete I receive an email saying "thanks for your application, register with the site and get in touch when you arrive" which I completely understand, but it is a little frustrating.

Is this the norm??

Thank you in advance for your help!

Guest Guest26012

Yes that's normal! They are not interested until you are on Australian soil, generally! It's a risk for them to employ someone who might not get here! Can't blame them tbh! Don't worry you will get some interest when you land!

Hi Soozy B,

I am in a same situation really. We are heading to Sydney on few first days of January and need to start looking for a job. However when you send your cv-s, agencies actually want to see you and speak to you, so until you are actually there, there is nothing they can do. Hope you find job easily. Hope I find a job in a first month. :)

Melbourne was actually our first choice in terms of location, however my partner was offered a job in Sydney, so Sydney it is then :)

Good Luck!

Kairi

Archived