Advice needed

DenKav

Camper van sounds like a great way of travelling around, hopefully I will be able to find someone who's got a spare place and jump in with them as I do plan on travelling alone. If I can't find work on the west then I will just travel until I find somewhere that I can work & stay for a few months although I do plan on saving around £6000 so that should hopefully keep me going for a good while without having to rush into working.

Yea 6000 should last you a bit, but I just say be carefull and dont get carried away with how much money you have to start off with as you want to be able to enjoy traveling a fair bit until you do get work! Seen it before travelers coming over here spending all their money in first couple off weeks, just getting carried away with the excitement, which is easy to do!

I am sure you will be able to find people to jump in with in the city, many hostels around and always people coming up north.

The best time to get jobs over here on West is just before the tourist season starts , so around April/May people start looking and perfect jobs for backpackers e.g hospitality work, cleaning, bar work, supermarkets, cafe work. So I would suggest if you want to work over here then start looking then!

Well I am pretty good with money & budgeting so hopefully I will be alright.

I still don't know what to do for definite, I would like to see all of oz but I just don't know how long to spend in each part. Suppose I will be able to make a better decision on that once I get there. I did a bit of research today aswell which made me even more happy about going over. I found out that there are nando's in oz! That makes leaving the uk a whole lot easier :)

Does anybody know the best sites to get good priced flights. The cheapest I have found is travelsupermarket.com. Thanks

We got a great price on Singapore airlines website. We got good prices on travel supermarket too but I looked into a lot of the providers and most had some reviews which put me off using them but when I went on the Singapore website I found the price was only around £7 dearer and gave me more peace of mind.