Completely and Utterly Confused

queenb72

Hello All

I am new to this forum after lurking for a while and have found information given very useful.

However I am in a complete befuddle. I am 40 years old and currently work as a Housing Officer in Social Housing in the UK, last October 2011 I started talking to a Melbourne resident online which developed into a relationship talking twice a day and she visited me and I have visited her and we have now decided that we want to make a life together, I should point out we are in a same sex relationship. The Melbourne resident does not want to live in the UK and also cannot leave her Mother in Oz as she is becoming infirm and needs assistance. I am prepared to go to Oz as I believe we should be together and I do love her but looking at the SOL list my job is not listed. I dont think I would be given a partner visa as we have not been together as in physically in the same country for 12 months so I am stuck. Anybody else been in a situation like this? Any info would be gratefully received.

Welcome to PIO.

It would be best for you to talk your case through with a Registered Migration Agent.

From what you have posted it would be unlikely for you to be able to apply for a partner visa as I dont know if you would have enough evidence. Talk this through with an agent.

Another option could be to go over to Australia on 6 or 12 month visa to build up the time together for the relationship requirement but you would no be able to work. Or you could consider a student visa, but this would be expensive depending on which type course you do only work 20 hrs per week.

Good Luck

Archived