rsms119 if i leave employer is my visa still valid

corinne14470

we were granted a 119 permanent visa and due to employer being very obnoxious and rude i had to leave after only two months.am now returning to uk because we have broken contract.can i return to oz on this visa or will it be cancelled by diac.we have not informed diac but undoubtedly my employer has.we are very sad to leave oz please help.........

That is a hard one. Apparently if you have stayed in the job for a year they don't tend to chase it up. Not only have you not stayed for a year but you have left the country. This is an unusual situation as most people just stay and find another job.

I would probably find a good migration agent and see what they say.

I would speak to a Registered Migration Agent, but as you have only stayed 2 months and left it maybe cancelled, depends if employers report you or if DIAC decide to follow it up. But dont contact DIAC, maybe your employer wont contact them, you will get notice if your visa is going to be cancelled. But if nothing is done about it - you have a PR visa and would be able to return in the future before it runs out.

A RMA would now more about this , cancellation on PR visas is always a grey area.

Archived