Parent Visa Help

barwal

Hi I am new to this site ,so hello to all ,I am realy considering applying for aged parent visa 804 on my next visit to my daughter in Sydney I am alone so only me to consider ,I havnt got the funds to pay for CAP visa ,and would like to know at what point we would have to pay the 5000 dollars for support ? lodged I believe for 2 years with centrlink .and would I be able to work on a bridging visa .I am 65 yrs old but still able to work to give me independance ,I can live with my daughter ,also does any one know if I would still recieve my full uk state pension

many thankx for any help Barwal

Hi I am new to this site ,so hello to all ,I am realy considering applying for aged parent visa 804 on my next visit to my daughter in Sydney I am alone so only me to consider ,I havnt got the funds to pay for CAP visa ,and would like to know at what point we would have to pay the 5000 dollars for support ? lodged I believe for 2 years with centrlink .and would I be able to work on a bridging visa .I am 65 yrs old but still able to work to give me independance ,I can live with my daughter ,also does any one know if I would still recieve my full uk state pension

many thankx for any help Barwal

If you are bridging from a tourist visa, then no you would not get permission to work as the bridging visa has the same conditions as the visa you were on. I think the AOS is paid before the visa is granted.

You would still get your UK pension, but it would be frozen. Remember that with the exchange rates the way they are, living on GBP is not easy at the moment.