Help! Self Catering Accommodation in Hobart Needed :-)

Guest guest67442

Guest guest67442

Hi everyone

We've gone and booked our validation trip for over Xmas and New Year.

After the battle with leave dates, flights searches and xmas planning, we seemed to have taken the accommodation part of the trip for granted :confused:

Every enquiry we've made has zero availability! Can anyone recommend anywhere for us please?

We're a family of 5, heading for Tas for the first 2 weeks of January. We fancy a week in a campervan and a week in an apartment or similar self catering options.

There seems to be availability for the campervan but we haven't booked it yet until we know whether we need it for the first or second week.

We're looking ideally at the Kingston or Kettering area but we'd consider any where around Hobart really as it'll just be a base whilst we go exploring.

It'd be great if someone knows of anywhere :biggrin:

Have a look at tripadvisor.com for Hobart and surrounding areas. I'm not sure if there are any self catering options in Kingston, but I think there may be a couple in the Kettering, Woodbridge area.

The problem will be that Christmas/New Year period is the peak of the tourist season here so it may be a case of taking anything you can get at this late stage of booking - which may be a fixed caravan site or cottage in a caravan park.

"runslikeafish" stayed at a place on Elizabeth Street when they first arrived in Hobart: I think it was Werndee.

"runslikeafish" stayed at a place on Elizabeth Street when they first arrived in Hobart: I think it was Werndee.

It was Werndee which is in Mount Stuart (not Elizabeth St) but I'm not sure if they could cater for a family of five. Worth checking with them though, PM me if you want details.

We did look at a short-term let in Kingston, here http://www.lifesabeachtas.com/index.htm . It looks good from the outside and is certainly right by the beach. Maybe worth a look?

Good luck!