Fruit picking/Regional work for 2nd year visa

Guest welshmath85

Guest welshmath85

Hi guys,

My girlfriend & I are desperately trying to find paid regional work to help towards 2md year visa. We live on the Gold Coast ATM & we have our own transport, was just wondering if anyone has any contact details or emails that would help us out! Much appreciated.

Matthew & Jade :)

Look on the harvest trail website for a jobshop near you ( the actual harvest trail is pretty useless we are finding) and they might be able to refer you to a contractor in the area that lines people up, then contact them. Also go to your local official tourist info centre and ask.if they have any contact details for you.

Also, try the hostels - some of them are working hostels where you have to he staying there for work, but others have a job finder service instead ( going rate around $25 to sign up).

Or just go to every farm you find and knock on the door.

We are trying to find some picking work ourselves at the.moment, but keep being a week or two off the correct time unfortunately. There is work up cairns way, and might be some in emerald next week if this blooming rain ever stops, but the weather seems a bit odd down this way and everything has been pushed back a few weeks.

Hth a bit, and use m2ms post, she posts some cracking stuff :)

Emerald is good for work, I'm traveling up to there tomorrow back to the farm i did my 2nd year visa work on. NSW is good for this time of year too, lots of stone fruit etc, cherry packing and the like.

if you go onto gumtree for nsw, there is details for cherry packing. think they start in a week or so. Was going to go there but fancied a trip back to Emerald as its definite work.

Edited by louise28
additonal info