AHPRA wanting evidence of theoretical and clinical hours, reasurance needed!

laurar9838

Hi Nurses,

I have recently received an email from AHPRA requesting further documents. I had initially sent a practice record sheet from the university providing the dates and hours spent in theory, private study and practice, along with my module records.

Being all hot headed and frustrated I asked AHPRA to clarify what exactly it is they are wanting, my response was "the nursing qualification you have provided did not display the clinical and theoretical hours"

So, are AHPRA asking what placements you did? what subjects you were taught in theory? etc...

I dont know if the university will have this information, as the administrator had sent me everything she believed would meet AHPRA requirements.

I have requested a syllabus/EU directive of my training from the NMC, does any ony know if this will this cover it!?

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura,

My wife has been registered with AHPRA successfully. With the application form she submitted transcript received from the college confirming how many hours (theory and practical) she had done in each topic during her 3 years course. Also she submitted certificates of all the courses she had done (in house as well as University courses) to provide evidence of CPD.

Hope that helps.

.....Mansawant

Hi Laura

As mansawant stated, I also asked the university to send a complete record of my training transcripts. Cost £70 and was sent directly from the university. as it came directly from the university AHPRA never questioned it.

Rachel x

Hi Laura.I have been going through exactly the same for about a month now.ahpra requested theory and clinical hours which I asked my uni to send.they emailed my case worker and posted them also.I spoke to my case worker before to check the info I was sending was correct.I was told to contact her after 2 weeks if I had not heard anything.I sent her an email after about 10 days and she said she had not received info.although when I spoke to uni again they said they were told they only accept hard copy and the email they had sent contained the wrong info.the uni said that is what they always send so she has had to seek academic advice! Talk about stress.they allow you 30 days to sort extra info.my caseworker has been very understanding so far.good luck!

Kerry x

Guest elena027

Hey There...

I'd really appreciate if someone could suggest a good car mechanic and

car reseller... I have a Porsche that I would like to sell....

Hey guys,

I have contacted the NMC and they have said they can only send an EU directiveof my training as evidence iv met NMC standard requirements.

I then called the University administrator, bless her she's pulling hair justlike myself!. My training record which they had originally sent me is apparentlythe only document of my hours they file and keep. She is going to send thisdirectly to AHPRA. I really hope they accept this other wise I'm stuck!

Laura

Hiya Kerry,

Yeah talk about stress! lol. It doesnt help when they stick a months deadline on top of it! not fair when they very willingly accept your payment in the early stages!

As i mentioned below, the university admin said my training record is the only document of my hours they file, they have nothing else.

I just hope if its forward directly to AHPRA they might accept this. NMC are also going to send the EU directive however this will be after the AHPRA deadline :(

Is your case worker the person whos looking into your application, the one that emails you? Iv emailed her explaining I dont know how else to provide this information and she again just said it doesnt show clinical and theory hours ughhh it does!!!

Are your other documents alright other than that? iv got to supply more CPD evidence and a letter from senior nurse.

Good luck with it all,

Laura x

Archived