Mornington info???

Guest theStocktons

Guest theStocktons

Hello everyone

We are hoping to move to the Mornington Peninsula later this year and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help that would be great!!!!!

Does anyone know where the local hospitals are or are there a range of clinics to choose from. Also we are looking at commute times to St Kilda and Melbourne for when we get out there does anyone know how long it takes to get to Frankston train station from Mount Martha? My OH is hoping to then get the train to work any ideas on travel time to St Kilda or Melbourne.

Thanks ever so much!!!

Guest Steve&Mandy

hello,we are hoping to go to mornington in sept if all goes to plan. We stayed in Frankston in 2006 and I believe it wasnt that far from mount Eliza to the centre of Frankston, which is next door to mount martha. My sister-in-law lives in Frankston so i will try to find some more info for you. Melbourne was about 1 hour train ride from Frankston. buy for now Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy Thomas

You can drive from Mount Martha to Frankston in less than 20 minutes along the Nepean Highway. Mount Martha is nextdoor to Mornington which in turn is nextdoor to Mount Eliza. The train from Frankston to the City takes roughly an hour. Outside of rush hour times you could drive from Mount Martha to the CBD in about 50-60mins. In rush hour its pot luck but obviously longer.

Hope this helps, Andy

• 1 month later...
Guest DaveMoore

We've been in Mornington for 2 months and love it.

To get an idea of travel times I'd recommend Google Earth or Google maps.

Guest itskaren

Hi, we lived in Mt Martha for 6 weeks (3 minutes from Mornington). We personally hated every minute of it. I am a nurse and worked in Frankson A&E. I would not want my family to go there. It's my opinion other people love it. Frankston has a lower social class I understand. This would explain a lot of things. I would much Mornington than Mt Martha. We are now living not far from Croydon and am much happier.

Guest smileygrandma's son in Oz

Hi, I live in mount martha beautifull place been here 3 years would not go anywhere else,Frankston is about a ten minute drive, there is a major hopital there and also I believe Rosebud in the other direction has one, there are private hospitals in mornington also. plenty of doctors, I dont have private healthcare yet, but whn I needed a test doing They sentme to mornigton hospital andthere was no charge, you will be very well looked after, I always worried about hospitals as my son has bad asthma, not a problem.

Guest jonseywife
Hello everyone

We are hoping to move to the Mornington Peninsula later this year and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help that would be great!!!!!

Does anyone know where the local hospitals are or are there a range of clinics to choose from. Also we are looking at commute times to St Kilda and Melbourne for when we get out there does anyone know how long it takes to get to Frankston train station from Mount Martha? My OH is hoping to then get the train to work any ideas on travel time to St Kilda or Melbourne.

Thanks ever so much!!!

Hiya

We've been in Mount Martha/Mornington for three months now....... and love it here!!!

Frankston is a bit more built up, busy and lots more colourful characters there, but great for shopping.

My OH has just started commuting on the train to the city. He's a plumber by trade and gets the early train and guess wot....... if its before 6am its FREE !!!!!!!!!! It can get a bit crowded but they are air conditioned, so it helps. He only has to pay for the journey home which is so cheap anyway. Its about $47 for a two week travel card (return journey only) If you travelled later its $47 per week. It takes just over an hour and runs every 15mins or more in rush hour... so my OH thinks its brilliant as he travelled in the UK from East sussex to London, only two trains an hour and cost over £85 per week!!!

As for hospitals, there are a few private ones but the A & E's are only at Frankston as mentioned, and one in Rosebud which is about 15-20 mins from Mount Martha. We had the pleasure of visiting this recently and was just your bog standard busy, old and tired looking A & E.. so just like home !!!

My husband reckons the commute is worth it....... he can do a hard days yakka in the city and be on one of the glorious local beaches by 5.30pm relaxing in the sun !!!!!!! :yes:

If you need any more info. then you only have to ask..

Good luck

sally-ann

Archived