189 with 60 points or 190???

Guest The Conroys

Guest The Conroys

Not sure what to do but dependent on OH passing his IELTS tomorrow we could either place a EOI on a 189 with 60 points or go for 190 State Sponsorship for western Australia.

Any Views??

Terri

I suppose if you express an interest in both visas on Skillselect, the first to respond may be the way to go. I am in a similar situation. I would like to move to Queensland but, I know that my chances of employment will be higher with WA companies. If Queensland sponsor me and I can't find work, I may get in trouble if I accept a job with a company in another state, even if I live in Queensland. Maybe I will try for the 189 first and then try the 190.

All this depends on me getting 8 in the IELTS. I suppose I should get it even if it takes two or three attempts.

Guest gemma87

we have just had our vetassess results back, my OH has 60 points but has not done the IELTS yet does he still have to do them to apply for ss.

If you have 60 points and you have a UK passport, then you don't have to do IELTS. If you go for SS, then you will get another 5 points to add on (if you haven't already done so).

I only have to do IELTS because of my age (over 40).

Archived