Children over 18??

Kev Rad

Anyone got any advice on how the visa application will go if one of the children is over 18?

Our son is our eldest, unplanned when we were young and he is now 20. Still in full time education and is dependant on us for financial support and housing.

I know the 190 visa conditions state you can take dependant family members over 18 so long as you can show they are dependant.

Anyone been through this one and can offer any advice??

We have just got our invite and are about to go through the application and don't want any last minute issues.

Thanks

Kev

Guest colinmac

Hi Kev

We are in the same situation. Our eldest daughter is also 20. I have uploaded the following info and keeping fingers crossed.

Receipt of clothing purchase with my debit card detail.

Receipt of 4 weekly travel vouchers

Weekly shop receipt

Proof of university placement for the last two years.

Proof of transfer of funds from my bank acc to hers ( statement Prints)

Copies of purchases for university from Amazon

Scanned mastercard and debit card (only last 4 digits showing HAha).

Proof of address ( one letter and one polling card.)

Hope this helps

Colin

If you use the forum search you should find threads that cover this. So long as you can prove your son is still in FT education and is dependant on you, I'd like to think it would be fine. If he hasn't been in FT education since leaving school it might be different but you'd be best placed to speak to a decent migration agent if you have concerns and run your case past them.

Does he live at home still?

If you use the forum search you should find threads that cover this. So long as you can prove your son is still in FT education and is dependant on you, I'd like to think it would be fine. If he hasn't been in FT education since leaving school it might be different but you'd be best placed to speak to a decent migration agent if you have concerns and run your case past them.

Does he live at home still?

He is still at home with us. Always been in full time education, just into his 2nd year at University.

Cheers

He is still at home with us. Always been in full time education, just into his 2nd year at University.

Cheers

Sounds good :)

I'm sure once the Aus side of the world begins to wake you'll get more replies from those that have gone through the process :)

Hi Kev

We are in the same situation. Our eldest daughter is also 20. I have uploaded the following info and keeping fingers crossed.

Receipt of clothing purchase with my debit card detail.

Receipt of 4 weekly travel vouchers

Weekly shop receipt

Proof of university placement for the last two years.

Proof of transfer of funds from my bank acc to hers ( statement Prints)

Copies of purchases for university from Amazon

Scanned mastercard and debit card (only last 4 digits showing HAha).

Proof of address ( one letter and one polling card.)

Hope this helps

Colin

Cheers Colin. Maybe I will send the credit card charge for his car and the shopping bills. I tend to give him a lot of cash not bank transfers though.

Good idea with the polling card though and I am sure we can get some of his letters from the past couple of years (He never tidies his room!)

What did you use as proof for the Uni placement? Maybe we will be able to print off some stuff from the UCAS site and get a letter from UCLAN.

Let me know how you get on, I'll do the same as I hear.

Thanks for the help. Sometimes it's just good to know you are not the only one sometimes. Hope it all goes well for you and it sails through.

Kev

Guest colinmac
Cheers Colin. Maybe I will send the credit card charge for his car and the shopping bills. I tend to give him a lot of cash not bank transfers though.

Good idea with the polling card though and I am sure we can get some of his letters from the past couple of years (He never tidies his room!)

What did you use as proof for the Uni placement? Maybe we will be able to print off some stuff from the UCAS site and get a letter from UCLAN.

Let me know how you get on, I'll do the same as I hear.

Thanks for the help. Sometimes it's just good to know you are not the only one sometimes. Hope it all goes well for you and it sails through.

Kev

Hi Kev

The uni info was indeed from ucas and also proof of attendance for last year . Up here in Scotland we also have the benifit of SAAS. They are the body who pay the fees for the year.So this was also included.

Colin

Hi there,

We were granted our visa in July.. For our 18 year old son we only submitted the letter offering him his college place along with the form he had to complete detailing his financial dependence on us. It was the 176 we applied for so dont know if the paperwork will be the same for yourself but I cant imagine it will be that different. We expected to be asked for more evidence but our case officer made no contact and granted the visa. Good luck!

"" I tend to give him a lot of cash not bank transfers though"".

Advise you to set up a direct debit from your account to his asap. Meanwhile compile a Stat Dec stating how much you give in cash, the frequency, and the period of time this has happened. A work colleague of mine did this and it was accepted by their CO. Good Luck!

"" I tend to give him a lot of cash not bank transfers though"".

Advise you to set up a direct debit from your account to his asap. Meanwhile compile a Stat Dec stating how much you give in cash, the frequency, and the period of time this has happened. A work colleague of mine did this and it was accepted by their CO. Good Luck!

Yes agree with the above. We sent this and our sons was granted! If you don't have a paper trail start one now!

Archived