Frankston line

sally04

I'm generally positive about public transport around Melbourne. I think it's cheap, reliable etc... But the Frankston line has been crap this month.

Most of it is unavoidable like intruder on the line, fatalities etc..which I understand but being such a long line it seems to get more than its fair share of problems! Give me the lovely Sandringham line any day!

I'm generally positive about public transport around Melbourne. I think it's cheap, reliable etc... But the Frankston line has been crap this month.

Most of it is unavoidable like intruder on the line, fatalities etc..which I understand but being such a long line it seems to get more than its fair share of problems! Give me the lovely Sandringham line any day!

OK here, I give you the Sandringham line. Enjoy :laugh:

sandringham_line.jpg

All the lines have their times of being good and bad, however I did read that times are going to be less on the Frankston line with the new timetable. The one good thing about the Frankston line is if you get on at Frankston you get a seat, also there are express trains in peak which do not stop at all stations.

I was on a train when a person decided to head off to a better place and its a nuisance but in comparison to the person's families grief nothing. We just had to wait and be taken off the train and put on buses. These instances happen quite a lot around the grid and its the drivers one has to very sorry for.

I used the Sandringham line and its ok too but you need to live closer to the city. Brighton, Balaclava, Prahran etc.

The new timetable is supposed to put a lot more trains on the track unfortunately there are losers in this and if you look up the article which was in the papers a few days ago you can see if you are affected. Altona again I think. Country lines, I seem to remember.

The Sandringham line is not much good if you want to get to stations past Cheltenham.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
The Sandringham line is not much good if you want to get to stations past Cheltenham.

Mike

I agree, though If me or my oh are at home and there are delays then we will use the Sandringham line and get picked up from a station ( usually brighton beach) as we in Highett.

It can be really crappy when there are delays, which seem to have been many of late on the Frankston line. I have childcare commitments and with our only car parked at Glenhuntly stn I've done a few walks there from Caulfield stn, which is a fair way at the end of the working day!

All the lines have their times of being good and bad, however I did read that times are going to be less on the Frankston line with the new timetable. The one good thing about the Frankston line is if you get on at Frankston you get a seat, also there are express trains in peak which do not stop at all stations.

I was on a train when a person decided to head off to a better place and its a nuisance but in comparison to the person's families grief nothing. We just had to wait and be taken off the train and put on buses. These instances happen quite a lot around the grid and its the drivers one has to very sorry for.

I used the Sandringham line and its ok too but you need to live closer to the city. Brighton, Balaclava, Prahran etc.

The new timetable is supposed to put a lot more trains on the track unfortunately there are losers in this and if you look up the article which was in the papers a few days ago you can see if you are affected. Altona again I think. Country lines, I seem to remember.

Yes there have been a few cases of people trespassing on the line and also some fatalities. My brother is a train driver and so I know what they go through when they witness a fatality. It is common unfortunately.

Being in Highett I have to catch the slower trains And often our trains scheduled to stop at Highett will bypass the stn probably to make up time. I must admit that the trains usually run okay. However the past month it has been pretty dire. The volume of people using the line becomes clearly evident when one train is missed and then you get overcrowding quickly. The frequency of the lines trains is good at peak time but all it takes is one missed train or an incident somewhere on the line and you're a bit stuck. Especially as there are not a lot of alternative transport options for people, especially for those further along the line. I will check out the new timetable as well, thanks.

Archived