Do you like being back? Will you go back to Aus?

wakeboard1980

I sunni,

Went back to UK last year, within 1 month I knew I had made the worst mistake ever. Talked my wife into returning, I have now come back and in Oz, feel right at home here.

Wife and kids don't want to come back strangely enough. I am hoping they change their mind, as Australia is a lifestyle choice. Sure you don't get trips to Europe but I can live with that. At my age I'd far rather go to the Coast or up out in the Bush here where I can enjoy the adventure.

I'm still coming to terms with why we left in the first place. As I keep telling my wife, there was nothing wrong with Australia, so why did we leave ?

Jason.

I sunni,

Went back to UK last year, within 1 month I knew I had made the worst mistake ever. Talked my wife into returning, I have now come back and in Oz, feel right at home here.

Wife and kids don't want to come back strangely enough. I am hoping they change their mind, as Australia is a lifestyle choice. Sure you don't get trips to Europe but I can live with that. At my age I'd far rather go to the Coast or up out in the Bush here where I can enjoy the adventure.

I'm still coming to terms with why we left in the first place. As I keep telling my wife, there was nothing wrong with Australia, so why did we leave ?

Jason.

Maybe she thinks there's nothing wrong with the UK, so why did you leave them?

Guest AKA63029
I realise that, but different fish in different temps. Blue water.....warm temps.....I will let the ones you call grandpa (or whatever it is you call them) to explain.

They sound like good fish but I would rather the ones that Bobj catches TBH.

Australia WB holds far more 'Pelagic' fish, in other words fish that actively chase and hunt their prey in open water generally on top or midway in the oceans depths.

Of course the UK also holds some pelagics, but water temp has everything to do with it.

The warmer the waters the more pelagics will be around.

Pelagic fish have a habit of being quicker, more aggressive and more abundant, which for a fisho is heaven.

The UK holds far more fish that are fairly sedentary because of the cooler waters, of course a big Conger or Cod can give a good account of themselves, but as far as 'sport' goes the warmer the clime the more likely you are to catch fish that fight a lot harder.

Cheers Tony.