holiday insurance on a 457 visa

jonbclark

Has anyone done this and can anyone recommend a company?

We are going back to the UK next July for a holiday, only booked flights so far.

Obviously we don't really need insurance for medical purposes as we are still UK citizens and have a UK address etc but in terms of cancellation, car hire cover etc I would like to get something

A lot of Australian companies state that we need to be permanent residents which of course we aren't

Has anyone got insurance before for this sort of thing or do other people just not bother?

My main worry is the hire car if there was an accident, maybe we should just pay the extra to reduce the excess?

I was under the impression you dont get medical cover necessarily if you are not paying NI?

Well maybe not but knowing the system and still having documentation with UK addresses on I'm sure we could go to the nearest hospital/walk in centre etc

We used the doctors when we went back to the UK no problem. Used the doctors near my parents and just gave them the details of the doctors where we were registered (which was in Windsor from before we left). They said they just bill you to that practice.

Just did a quick google and Insure4less do travel insurance for 457 holders who've been in Australia for over 3 months.

https://www.insure4less.com.au/travel.php?fromaffiliateid=62

We used the doctors when we went back to the UK no problem. Used the doctors near my parents and just gave them the details of the doctors where we were registered (which was in Windsor from before we left). They said they just bill you to that practice.

Just did a quick google and Insure4less do travel insurance for 457 holders who've been in Australia for over 3 months.

https://www.insure4less.com.au/travel.php?fromaffiliateid=62

Thanks for that, I was obviously googling with the wrong terms, at least their are companies out there

Archived