Skillselect not recognising Vetassess for Skills Assessment?

Hot Welder

I just started my EOI in Skillselect, but it will not accept Vetassess as the assessing authority for my Skills Assessment. (Metal Fabricator, Anzsco: 322311)

I understand TRA was the assessing authority for this occupation until recently, so I tried selecting TRA, which it accepted.

I have messaged tech support, but it says they will not send a reply, just update the site as problems get resovled.

Anyone else had an issue with this?

I just found this on the Vetassess website:

VETASSESS is a 'TRA approved RTO' and is working under contract to TRA (the official assessing authority). TRA has delegated skills assessments in the following occupations and countries to VETASSESS.

Which would suggest TRA would be an acceptable option to select. Still a little unclear though, as Vetassess is listed as an option separate to TRA?

I'm having the same problem for my profession. The assessing authority isn't even on the list and DIAC lists an old one which doesn't do it anymore! I phoned London DIAC today and they said just select the old one and when I get invited to apply for the visa I can add the explanation there. they didn't seem to think it was a problem!

Zoe

I'm having the same problem for my profession. The assessing authority isn't even on the list and DIAC lists an old one which doesn't do it anymore! I phoned London DIAC today and they said just select the old one and when I get invited to apply for the visa I can add the explanation there. they didn't seem to think it was a problem!

Zoe

Thanks Zoe, I am thinking to just go ahead and put TRA. There is a clear enough link on the Vetassess website to suggest that will be the one if Vetassess not accepted. I will keep looking into it though.

I have just started my EOI as a general electrician and got my skills assessed by vetassess. I tried putting in vetassess and is doesn't accept but accepts TRA, I feel your pain as I have rung immi twice and still not any wiser, I seem to get a difference answer each time. Today they said call TRA but can't see how that will help, don't know whether to just select TRA.

Any luck with anyone else?????

I have just started my EOI as a general electrician and got my skills assessed by vetassess. I tried putting in vetassess and is doesn't accept but accepts TRA, I feel your pain as I have rung immi twice and still not any wiser, I seem to get a difference answer each time. Today they said call TRA but can't see how that will help, don't know whether to just select TRA.

Any luck with anyone else?????

I received an email reply to the message I sent yesterday. They told me to put TRA down, as Vetassess do the assessments on their behalf. Have you tried emailing them through skillselect?

Hi hot welder,

Yeah sent email to skill select and they said to select TRA on EOI so all good. Was nice to get it confirmed over email from them. Thanks for reply.

Best of luck with visa!!

Hi hot welder,

Yeah sent email to skill select and they said to select TRA on EOI so all good. Was nice to get it confirmed over email from them. Thanks for reply.

Best of luck with visa!!

Hi

can I ask what email address you used? I have a similar problem as in the auhtority they said to use no longer assesses for my profession either, it's now a totally different one which doesn't feature on the drop down menus!

Thanks for your help and good luck!

Zoe

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

can I ask what email address you used? I have a similar problem as in the auhtority they said to use no longer assesses for my profession either, it's now a totally different one which doesn't feature on the drop down menus!

Thanks for your help and good luck!

Zoe

Hi Zoe

It was a link through the Skillselect system. HTH.

Hi Zoe,

Go to skill select website page then on the right it says skill select support, click on this then at top of page click contact us, then fill out details and send, they will be able to answer any questions you have and confirm back to you with an email.

Hope this helps anyone else as well.

Any questions shoot them over

Grant.l

Archived