Taking my bike.

gra001

Assuming im not being lady daft here, you are on about a push bike. Well if so OH took his over with the rest of our stuff with seven seas move cube. Bikes are expensive to insure we had to sign a waiver on his bike because so many have not being or not arriving as they should.

Assuming im not being lady daft here, you are on about a push bike. Well if so OH took his over with the rest of our stuff with seven seas move cube. Bikes are expensive to insure we had to sign a waiver on his bike because so many have not being or not arriving as they should.
Yep Fifi, push bike and that's my concern.................it doesn't arrive as it should.

Hi!

Arrived in Melbourne 10 day ago, and flew with one of my bikes (the others will come in the container): I was concerned too (as the bike is worth about the same as yours), but got a Bikebox Alan, and this has been brilliant. Well worth the expense, especially when you consider a return trip! Make sure the bike is clean too (wheels, tyres, drivetrain...), although they actually didn't check mine!

ben

Haha! would love to see you try and take it hand luggage! ....

Sorry, I'll be serious now. A bike box would be a very safe method of transporting, a good quality bike bag is a decent cheaper alternative. I've flown with my bike several times now, and it has always made it safely. Make sure you also bubble wrap your frame if you can, and I tend to put some extra padding around the cassette area.

Archived