One way tickets are booked!!! Malaysia airlines it is.

kellyjamie

So i found flights at a good price with Cathay Pacific but with our luck when i went to booked them today they had gone up by £200. Yet Dial a flight was doing it £100 less than the airline direct, So i called them and asked if they could give us it at the lower cost and asked about migrant luggage, she told me yes we,ll double your luggage (but no price match) but only from Heathrow, we have to get our own way from Edinburgh, which was pointless as we would have to pay to double the luggage. Infact i found Cathay Pacific completely unhelpful, werent interested what so ever. So i called flight centre and the girl could not have been any more helpful, she was excellent. They would price match any other travel agent but she said let me check other airlines other than CP i may find something better. So we did and she came back with Malaysia airlines, £70 more than the CP price but with a stop over at the airport hotel for a night. So we decided to go with it. Its cost us £2037 for 2 adults and one child Edinburgh to Brisbane end of Jan with a nite stop over so were pretty happy with that. Cant wait.........

We flew through KL with Malaysian Airlines to Thailand earlier this year. They were fine. The entertainment on the plane was OK, but the games didn't work during one of the KL-BNE legs which was a bugger! Food was fine.

I stayed at 2 airport hotels in KL...I think the first one was the Concorde. The airline gave us this for free due to the length of our stopover. It's OK...clean but a bit basic. If you are looking for a clean comfortable bed to sleep in you will be fine. The showers were a bit ropey (there were 28 of us travelling together and it was a common complaint in most of our rooms. Fine for a night (or afternoon!) We had the buffet breakfast (we had to pay) and it was really quite good. Food in general in our brief transits through Malaysia has been very very good. It is a 5 min complimentary bus journey away from the airport.

The other hotel we stayed at was the KLIA Pan Pacific. We booked this ourselves as it was cheaper to stay and get a different connecting flight than hang about a few hours and goot a sooner one! this hotel is accessed via a covered walkway from the airport and was absolutely excellent. Very comfortable, and we had dinner there too, it was amazing. The menus are iPads and you order yourself by clicking the picture of the food you want!

The Concorde hotel wasn't as nice as the Pan Pacific, but for free and to break up a trip and give you a rest it will be fine.

The airport is around a 1 hour taxi drive from the city (it's a fait bit out), and 30 mins by express train. The taxi is slightly more expensive than 2 adult tickets on the train...a family might be cheaper getting a taxi (but it does take a bit longer)

I hope it all goes smoothly for you...time will fly by between now and then!

I come from Glasgow so have always flown Emirates back and forward. They have always been really good. Malaysian Airlines maybe aren't quite as good as Emirates, maybe I just got a slightly bigger portion for dinner on Emirates to be honest!

We only really slept and ate at the Pan Pacific, we didn't use any of their other facilities. Food though, as mentioned before, was excellent. Saying that, we did get them to check us in online (in their business centre, and they printed boarding passes free of charge), and they also organised a posh car and a minibus to take a few of our group into the city at less than half an hour's notice, so although we didn't really use the hotel, we got lots of help from their staff. It is probably a 10 minute walk from the airport (all indoors, dedicated walkway between the two buildings), but if you have cases or kiddies in tow, there is a complimentary golf buggy thingy which they will send to collect you and drive you to reception!

Were edinburgh! Yeah i agree emirates are excellent but for us this time was purely about cheapest flight. and the fact we get a stop over is a huge bonus for us our wee one is 6 so its great to get her sorted and have a sleep and a bath. we arrive 630pm and fly out 930am next morning so not much time to see anything more chillaxin and sleepin lol! Great to hear foods gd!

Archived