189 Invite Received - Application Submitted

elliscg

Received the good news this morning.

Invitation to apply for 189 visa received. Have just completed the online application and paid the $3060 fee.

80 points Software Engineer. EOI sent 1 July.

It's saying next step Health Assesment but I've actually been proactive and completed this a few months ago, take it the case officer will remedy that? Now to attach all the doco. Should be fun!

Yeah, UK and AUS. Looks like a day in the office scanning and attaching!

have fun! a lot of peeps mentioned the website crashing etc during document uploading, but then i read it's okay to email the documents to your CO once you get a CO assigned.

regarding your medical results, you don't have them in hand right? the clinic submits them to DIAC?

have fun! a lot of peeps mentioned the website crashing etc during document uploading, but then i read it's okay to email the documents to your CO once you get a CO assigned.

regarding your medical results, you don't have them in hand right? the clinic submits them to DIAC?

I have them in a sealed envelope sitting infront of me on the coffee table right now. However, I did just read online that the clinic, Medibank in my case, send them to the DIAC so not sure if there's a duplicate copy or I'm to forward these on. This envelope is marked DO NOT OPEN so I assumed these are the originals.

I have them in a sealed envelope sitting infront of me on the coffee table right now. However, I did just read online that the clinic, Medibank in my case, send them to the DIAC so not sure if there's a duplicate copy or I'm to forward these on. This envelope is marked DO NOT OPEN so I assumed these are the originals.

Yeh see, I find the medical part confusing. I'm here in Texas and when I called the different panel doctors they all said they are the ones to send them to DIAC, I think one clinic was part of the e-health online system (no snail mail). So I dunno until I get to that part which isn't till next year lol I am still at the ACS skills assessment stage.

Yeh see, I find the medical part confusing. I'm here in Texas and when I called the different panel doctors they all said they are the ones to send them to DIAC, I think one clinic was part of the e-health online system (no snail mail). So I dunno until I get to that part which isn't till next year lol I am still at the ACS skills assessment stage.

ACS was my biggest bottle neck. I only submitted a reference from my current employer which at the time was 1 yr 10 months and they demanded 2 years worth of references so I had to go back to a contract position and get a ref and pay the additional fee for resubmission. My own fault really. My health was all done at the same time, chest xray and GP test with bloods although it took two almost identical forms.

It's a bonus that now the application is electronic but there really should be a lot more automation across the system. I've lost track of the amount of times I've entered my passport number amongst other bits of information that is unique to me and my application.

ACS was my biggest bottle neck. I only submitted a reference from my current employer which at the time was 1 yr 10 months and they demanded 2 years worth of references so I had to go back to a contract position and get a ref and pay the additional fee for resubmission. My own fault really. My health was all done at the same time, chest xray and GP test with bloods although it took two almost identical forms.

It's a bonus that now the application is electronic but there really should be a lot more automation across the system. I've lost track of the amount of times I've entered my passport number amongst other bits of information that is unique to me and my application.

Yeh, i worked with an agent to get through my skills assessment, but even before i used the agent I was 90% complete with the required references and stat decs etc.. once i'll get the result I'm applying for SA SS.

What did you have to bring with you to have your meds done?

Yeh, i worked with an agent to get through my skills assessment, but even before i used the agent I was 90% complete with the required references and stat decs etc.. once i'll get the result I'm applying for SA SS.

What did you have to bring with you to have your meds done?

Just passport and the two forms. Booked the appointment and paid online and just turned up. Bloods, a GP examination and the chest xray.

Archived