My Friend's Case

Rezasol

One of my friend intends to apply for Australian Immigration.

He works for a semi government organization that looks after international aids for different projects. His official title is 'Project Manager' but he's an accountant cum procurement officer.

Previously, he was an accounts officer and an IT officer at an educational institution.

His educational background is MBA in Finance, Masters in Mass Communication and Bachelors in Computer Science.

I can't seem to figure out which category should I file it under.

I am not filing for him. I've already filed mine.

He was concerned his occupation is not on SOL i.e. Project Manager. But I wanted to try to convince him that he should file under accountant because that's more closely related to what he does.

Actually.. I am not too sure whether IPA/CPA/ICAA will recognize his MBA in Finance as suitable for assessment..

I understand from other recent posts on here that project manager has recently been taken off. You could search the forum and find those threads to find out more info.

I'm no migration agent, but I reckon if he files under something else without having a positive skills assessment for it he may lose a fair bit of money! Best get some professional advice before doing that I think.

Archived