Just moved into Aranda after emigrating in from UK

GarethJames

Hi, we've just rented a house in Aranda after emigrating from the UK. Our container arrives in Aus later this week and we're told it should take a couple of weeks to clear customs and quarantine! It'll be like Christmas when all our stuff arrives!!

So far it all seems great; our house backs onto the bush and the 3 x kids have settled into the primary school well and I've started cycling into work in Deakin (love the cycle paths here...).

Also my wife is looking for a running club to join and is going to try out the park run round Ginninderra Lake on Saturday so if anyone knows of a good running club in our area we'd appreciate the feedback.

Would be great to meet up with other 'Poms' in Canberra so we'd be grateful if anyone would let us know if there are any socials going on

Cheers all

Gareth

Edited by GarethJames

Welcome to Australia! You've arrived at a great time for the beginning of spring :) I've yet to actually find a running club on the north side, although perhaps I haven't looked hard enough but I will be starting the park runs soon (now the mornings are warming up) so maybe we can say hi.

Welcome to Australia! You've arrived at a great time for the beginning of spring :) I've yet to actually find a running club on the north side, although perhaps I haven't looked hard enough but I will be starting the park runs soon (now the mornings are warming up) so maybe we can say hi.

Thanks Mrs Moo, when they come down, we'll be the ones with three little girls helping out with the marshaling! :biggrin:

Gareth

Hi, we've just rented a house in Aranda after emigrating from the UK. Our container arrives in Aus later this week and we're told it should take a couple of weeks to clear customs and quarantine! It'll be like Christmas when all our stuff arrives!!

So far it all seems great; our house backs onto the bush and the 3 x kids have settled into the primary school well and I've started cycling into work in Deakin (love the cycle paths here...).

Also my wife is looking for a running club to join and is going to try out the park run round Ginninderra Lake on Saturday so if anyone knows of a good running club in our area we'd appreciate the feedback.

Would be great to meet up with other 'Poms' in Canberra so we'd be grateful if anyone would let us know if there are any socials going on

Cheers all

Gareth

The parkruns at Ginninderra were set up by a couple of Brits, Jess & Russ, say hi to them if you go :)