14-16 year olds moving to Queensland

Guest Shannon Roger

Guest Shannon Roger

Hey my name is Shannon :biggrin:

me and my family are moving to Queensland in less than 3 months! Im really really nervous about moving out there, espicially about school, fitting in and making new friends! does anyone have any tips about the life style and what people are like?

& i'd like to know some people who live in Queenland so you can message me if your up for a chat :)

Edited by Shannon Roger

Hi, I'm not sure about any tips, I need some myself really, but I'm also moving to QLD, infact we fly on 26/11 and I'm currently packing up the house waiting for the shippers to arrive in 2 weeks, I have a 10yr old a 15yr old and a just turned 17yr old (yesterday)

we have decided to setup home in the goldcoast, my hubby is already out there since 10th July and is really loving it.

where abouts in qld are you heading?

Guest Shannon Roger

Oooh sounds good, im glad he's liking it!! the shippers for us are coming on the 14th of September which is this week!! and we're going to Goldcoast too :)

• 2 months later...

Hi i have just moved to the gold coast area, i am not starting school till after new year because there school term finishes at the end of November so i thought there was no point but i am regretting that now. I am dying to make new friends i am 15 turning 16 in April 2013. wouldn't mind a chat.

Megan x

Edited by megan5119

Hi i have just moved to the gold coast area, i am not starting school till after new year because there school term finishes at the end of November so i thought there was no point but i am regretting that now. I am dying to make new friends i am 15 turning 16 in April 2013. would mind a chat.

Megan x

Megan, why don't you enrol in school for the last couple of weeks, you would then have some friends to spend time with over the holiday, it's not too late! I work in a school and last week we had several new students from overseas and Australia enrolling for that reason, just a thought.

Good luck x

• 1 month later...
Guest Amy Davidson

hey i just moved out to Queensland 7 weeks ago i live in an area called redlands;im 14 turning 15 the people here so far seem to be very friendly and fitting in will be hard at first but after the first couple of days you should be fine reply back if you need any questions answered x