Visa application questions

bluechris1975

Hi PIO-ers,

I'm in the middle of applying for a 190 visa, having got my SS through last week. Obviously keen not to mess it up having got this far!

There’s a few things I’m not sure of. I’ve been all over the DIAC website and can’t even see an email address to ask. So I’m hoping some of you can help!

1) ‘Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?’. I excluded my current role from my VETASSESS, as I didn't need any more points and I didn’t want to tell my employer about my plans. So, does this mean I answer ‘no’ to this question?

2) Do I need to include my wife’s work and academic background? We’re not trying to claim points for partner skills, so tempted just not to include it (as it’s easier – less documents to locate), though don’t want to provide false info either.

3) My wife’s passport expires next month. She’s applied for a new one, which will take a couple of weeks. It seems it’s easy enough to notify DIAC of a new passport number and we're keen to get the process going ASAP. Has anyone got experience of this?

4) There’s no page 5 showing in the online visa application form. When I first drafted my answers, I didn’t necessarily fill them in accurately, as I just wanted to get through to the end to see what questions I’d need to answer. Being paranoid, I'm concerned that maybe there's just an IT glitch preventing me seeing page 5 (OK, so this one is a bit silly, as it's almost certainly just an IT thing, but you never know...)

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Archived