UK to Oz financial advice

lambchopsy

Hi,

We have our visa and moving out to Oz in March :jiggy: We are currently trying to sort out our savings, pensions, shares etc so are looking for a financial advisor to help us.

I have done some research and have found negative reviews about certain companies but nothing positive or a company that anyone would recommend. Can anyone help by giving some positive experiences please?

Thank you,

lambchopsy

Hi lamchopsy

One more winter to go then for you? Nice one.

As an Aussie born, former Australian qualified financial planner (9 years), now UK IFA/Financial planner (2 years), I can vouch for the differences in the two systems. For this reason, moving between them should not be a transactional experience.

Anyone moving a pension or investments to Australia, should consider their long term plans and the new benefits, and compare the options with the risks, taxes etc. When an Aussie adviser recommends you get advice from your UK adviser before moving, actually do this, to ensure you are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the UK. You have a bit of time still, so I'm sure you can look around for a bit.

With IT, the world is now a very small place, and whilst you might not think a UK adviser can help, you might be surprised. Good luck in March.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Dan (Cheshire)

Hi,

We have our visa and moving out to Oz in March :jiggy: We are currently trying to sort out our savings, pensions, shares etc so are looking for a financial advisor to help us.

I have done some research and have found negative reviews about certain companies but nothing positive or a company that anyone would recommend. Can anyone help by giving some positive experiences please?

Thank you,

lambchopsy

Hi, we used Monfort International to look in to our finances for us. They have two services, one that basically just looks at your pensions and one that looks at the whole situation. It was very helpful to us, although we did find that we had to chase them a bit, but we did have quite tight timescales. They do a free initial consultation where you can go and speak to the advisor in person. This is more of a sales pitch than actually giving any advice but it does at least give you a chance to see what you would get for your money.

Archived