Getting desperate in Melbourne

Mullso

Now come on bickering isn't helping anyone. There are plenty of properties that will allow pets but you may have to be willing to look at a broader area.

Ladies and Gents

Please dont argue ! THe fact is we are struggling but hey nothing in life is easy - we finally managed to get our dog into kennels not ideal but as least she has somewhere to go

Leaves us free to house hunt again !

Fingers crossed you find something, we had to up out budget, hope u find something soon! good luck! :-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the viewings on Saturday go mullso?

Well no better than the usual ! Old photographs of houses that have since been turned into a dump ! Photos on the net bear no resemblance to the actual house ! How agents get away with it I have no idea ! Trades description !

now been given a relocation agent by my company so leaving it all up to her ! FED UP AND P***** off

Well no better than the usual ! Old photographs of houses that have since been turned into a dump ! Photos on the net bear no resemblance to the actual house ! How agents get away with it I have no idea ! Trades description !

now been given a relocation agent by my company so leaving it all up to her ! FED UP AND P***** off

Oh no. In that case, the really horrible looking ones in pictures are going to be doubly horrible. Hope the company's relocation agent is good. Good luck!

Oh no. In that case, the really horrible looking ones in pictures are going to be doubly horrible. Hope the company's relocation agent is good. Good luck!

Well we found a lovely house this week and put our application in through our relocation agent. Fingers crossed its a yes !

Viewed another house today just in case .............

We have a house ! We have a house ! Move in next week so happy NOW we can start our life in Oz! 5 beds big garden double garage in fact it's that big we don't have enough furniture to put in it !

To all those coming to Melbourne hitting the rental market please feel free to PM me and I'll give try to help not that I a, an expert but ill tell you the truth

Thanks to all who have commented on here believe it or not you do help even as a sounding board

by the way ........ We have a house we have a house ! :biggrin:

Congratulations! Have been following your blog with much interest as we are arriving in Melbourne mid December as a family of 4 (though our children are much older than yours - 15 and 13 years) and are going to be in the same situation - though our dog won't be arriving until March time. At least we may have time to secure rental accommodation by the time she arrives!! It sounds like it's been a nightmare for you and your family but at least now you can start to relax and enjoy the aussie lifestyle!! If ok, we may have 101 questions for you as our move gets closer!

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations! Have been following your blog with much interest as we are arriving in Melbourne mid December as a family of 4 (though our children are much older than yours - 15 and 13 years) and are going to be in the same situation - though our dog won't be arriving until March time. At least we may have time to secure rental accommodation by the time she arrives!! It sounds like it's been a nightmare for you and your family but at least now you can start to relax and enjoy the aussie lifestyle!! If ok, we may have 101 questions for you as our move gets closer!

Hi Blade 17

Yep I will be more than willing to help in anyway I can with any advice - just give me a shout when you arrive and ill do what i can.

I have recently compiled a list of issues for my company too - ie what would have made our relocation easier ! To be fair they are a small company and this was the first ex pat they had brough in .

Are you relocating on your own or with a job to come to ?