IrisH TV in Oz

Katerina

There is no specific box, other than like M2M said a Digi Box / Vhs player etc..

Sometimes changing the reginol settings to (i think it's ) Germany seem to work, but some TVs no matter what you do wont work over here.

Cal x

Thanks Cal,

Any idea where can I buy the Digi box?

Cheers

I'm Irish, I'm very proud to be Irish, but lets be honest here and say, Irish television consists of weather- All round rain with a touch of dry spells around the time when you're asleep and all other times, expect rain and wind , with a strong current blowing in from the East at mid afternoon, bringing more rain, with a strong possibility of .....wind. Love it. RTE does, at times have some good series. As a fluent Irish speaker, I struggle to find something of interest, even at TG4. Bland, forgettful, and neglegtful of Gaelic speakers. Unless you're into irish cottages, Ros Na Ruin- say no more, or the various Irish fishing programs, that will never beat the Deadliest Catch. Just saying:nah:

Guest GeorgeD

It's called Freeview...the device is sometimes described as Set Top Box. Dick Smiths do indeed do them, as do pretty much every electrical store, plus Kmart, Big W, etc, etc.

Here's a link to the Dick Smith site...http://dicksmith.com.au/tv-video/set-top-boxes-pvrs/set-top-boxes-freeview

Analogue is about to/has been switched off. Absolutely must be digitial/HD, (so don't bother with the one for $5 on the site!)

A PVR is basically a set top box which also has memeory or a hard drive and allows you to record TV programs to watch later.

Archived