Trade Assessment- Going it alone

flatpack

Hi All,

I am after advice, opinions and success stories from all of you that have done Trade assessments. I am a Carpenter/Joiner of 20 years that has been employed/ self employed at many different times to suit work requirements.

I'm aware that I have to prove I have the relevant experience, something that is taking longer than envisaged, but I do have a fair few references, another problem I have is that since this recession has kicked in my business has suffered and my tax returns read very poorly, that's not to say I haven't been working, just that it's not that profitable.

Has anyone on here done the trade assessment without an agents help and would you be prepared to help me?

I would like to get under way with this as I successfully completed my IELTS test and I'm aware that they have a 2 years time restriction on them.

Any help and/or advice will be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

I done mine myself but likely to be a different assessor as I am in IT.. Glad I didn't go with an assessor as it wasn't really that difficult for me. They told me if I had anything wrong, which I could rectify myself.

HOWEVER, its a costly mistake to make if you fail it....

Col

Its pretty simple just follow the checklist and send as much info as possible. My OH is a chippie but to be honest i did it all for him (Dont all the wives??) Anyway as long as you follow that checklist its pretty simple and remember you can never send too much info!

Pm me if you need anything .

Archived