Transferring 457 to government organisation. How?

dunesurfer

Hi Guys and ladies,

I found a new employer that is willing to take over my 457 visa.

This organisation is an NGO (Though Government supported and established) within the same state as my previous role.

My questions:

How do I go about starting the process for this organisation to take over my 457.

Also Online? (Im familiar with the process) I told them I will help with where to start.

From what I understand is these organisations get preference above normal companies

when it comes to the time frame etc. (I told them takes about 2 weeks to transfer a 457)

Is this something they can easily do online, or do I need a agent and a shrink for this one too? :arghh:

is there anything difference, or advantages for an organisation like this when applying?

I am assuming they don't need to be a business sponsor, as they get special treatment? Am I wrong?

Any help, and links would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

The new employer needs to Become a business sponsor and nominate the position. You wont need to apply for a new 457 visa.

It would be best to speak to a Registered Migration Agent, as they will need to become a business sponsor - very unlikely they will get special treatment.

Archived