Vettasses post graduation experience

craigyboy

Hi, simple questions: how long have Vettasses only recognised post graduation experience for sol 1 and 2 occupations? Next: has the amount of points for state sponsorship changed ie from 10 to 5. My questions sregeneral to a specific problem I have; Vettasses only recognise my experience post graduation 2009: my agents states,"this is new rules from July 1st. If this has always been the case then I have a serious issue with the advise I have received.

Thanks in advance: also I have a positive skills assessment as a land economist.

Nope thats not new !! My OH is a carpenter and he graduated in 2005 but we wanted to claim since 2002 as he was a fully working apprentice whilst in college. Our agent CLEARLY told us that they would only take POST graduation so we are only claiming 5yrs instead of 8 trs work experience.

Now having said that there was a thread here a while back where someone lodged a visa and were claiming pre qualification work experience and that their case officer had accepted it... hmmm also a chippy ... I will look for the thread but it is a tricky area as we really looked into it as it meant we could have beat the July 1st deadline... We decided to play safe and go with the 5yrs only.

I will look for that thread and post it.

Hi, simple questions: how long have Vettasses only recognised post graduation experience for sol 1 and 2 occupations? Next: has the amount of points for state sponsorship changed ie from 10 to 5. My questions sregeneral to a specific problem I have; Vettasses only recognise my experience post graduation 2009: my agents states,"this is new rules from July 1st. If this has always been the case then I have a serious issue with the advise I have received.

Thanks in advance: also I have a positive skills assessment as a land economist.

VETASSESS opinions about work experience are largely irrelevant in the scheme of things.

has the amount of points for state sponsorship changed ie from 10 to 5

10 points for temporary visa nomination 5 for permanent

VETASSESS opinions about work experience are largely irrelevant in the scheme of things.

10 points for temporary visa nomination 5 for permanent

Hi appreciate your response: can I also ask why vettasses opinion of experience is theirs alone and why is it not necessarily that of which the diac will take when calculating points. How much points or relevant work experience should I put in the EOI. Should I put in my relevant 5 years work experience prior to graduation 2009 and post as 8 years or put in th 3 years vettasses recognise. Which reduces my points to a level that I can only make 55 and as no state has land economists I then would not have enough points for the independant visa route.

Hi appreciate your response: can I also ask why vettasses opinion of experience is theirs alone and why is it not necessarily that of which the diac will take when calculating points. How much points or relevant work experience should I put in the EOI. Should I put in my relevant 5 years work experience prior to graduation 2009 and post as 8 years or put in th 3 years vettasses recognise. Which reduces my points to a level that I can only make 55 and as no state has land economists I then would not have enough points for the independant visa route.

There is no general answer to this. You would have to satisfy the DIAC that you were performing the usual duties of your nominated occupation (or a closely related occupation) at the skill level expected in Australia for the relevant period.

There is no general answer to this. You would have to satisfy the DIAC that you were performing the usual duties of your nominated occupation (or a closely related occupation) at the skill level expected in Australia for the relevant period.

I can do that no problem I was operating at director level: however, why is my agent saying this is a new rule as of July 1st 2012?

Ask your agent.

Sorry wrussell: it's my agent that has given this info to me: its a bombshell this week. Asking my agent would have been the obvious. Not, to mention that I have just found out my agent or person who I see is not MARA, however I am told the business owner is, a man I have never met.

Archived