chainsaws?

TheGrahams

We have the shippers coming in almost 2 weeks, so are currently cleaning and sorting.

Hubby is an arborist and he was thinking of taking 2 chainsaws in the container. However he has been cleaning one now for a long time and he is now thinking it is not possible to get them clean enough to get them through.

Anyone taken chainsaws? If so how did you clean them?

Sorry i wouldnt have a clue how to clean them, maybe a good degreaser and lots of scrubbing with a small brush. (remember Jeyes fluid is great for wiping stuff after a clean as it stinks and customs will know its been cleaned by the smell,lol)

You would also have to drain the fuel tank..

If you can get it clean ,you shouldnt have a problem with customs.

Cal x

Good question, I also have a chainsaw which i would love to take (MS200T to your husband ;)). Someone must have already shipped one? I guess the problem is the nature of the work they do, ie cutting diseased and rotten foreign wood. Surely they can treated with chemicals or quarantined or something? I hope someone here can help.

Good question, I also have a chainsaw which i would love to take (MS200T to your husband ;)). Someone must have already shipped one? I guess the problem is the nature of the work they do, ie cutting diseased and rotten foreign wood. Surely they can treated with chemicals or quarantined or something? I hope someone here can help.

He has one of those and a larger one too. He has been cleaning the big one for over 8 hours in total, with cillit bang and surgical spirit, cotton buds and a dentists tool! It's the little nooks and crannies that are the bugger, all full of sawdust from, as you said, diseased trees! He is going to get it steam cleaned then see how clean it comes up.

I will keep you posted.

I would be interested if anyone actually got one in. Did you have any hassle?

Archived