make me an offer peeps!

bennyblueboy

Such a great car would be perfect for Oz - why not take it with you?

I dont think that model is sold here (but could be wrong) , meaning expensive/hard to find parts. Possible compliance issues on importing, higher servicing costs, and possible lack of experience with the model when servicing, lower resale value because it would be a grey import, and probably higher insurance costs as well.

Guest Shell15

A mate of ours has just paid $55000 (new) for one of these.. I would take it woth you! Worth alit more down under...

Guest Shell15

Not sure sure what you mean by luxury car tax as he bought it in oz... And it is not the luxuryy model. Thats what you pay for them out there ..

Not sure sure what you mean by luxury car tax as he bought it in oz... And it is not the luxuryy model. Thats what you pay for them out there ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxury_Car_Tax

The LCT threshold is currently $59,133.00 AUD (for the 2012-13 financial year). An increased threshold of $75,375.00 AUD applies to fuel efficient cars that have a combined fuel consumption rating not exceeding 7 litres per 100 kilometres (based on a combined test cycle rating under ADR81).

Bring it to Aus! Being impervious do damage, (apart from the home grown Commdore) they have to be the car most likely to be driving an inch off my bumper or erratically changing lane cutting up traffic. It'll fit right in! (I'm sure you wouldn't do that though, you could set an example and show they can be driven safely!).

I was simply saying it's close to the level at which the government would tax him a higher rate to bring it into Australia.

Helping not hurting :)

Archived