looking for advice on what salary we would need to live in melbourne comfortably!???

Dawn sh

hi all, looking to hear from anyone who can help, myself partner and 2kids 6yrs old and 1yrs old moving to melbourne next year.

what income would you need to be getting to survive and live comfortable? i no the price of living in melbourne is much higher than ireland. thanks to all in advance!! x:biggrin:

We manage ok on $70k, but would reach comfortable on $90k. 2 kids 5 and 4, 2 cars, renting 4 bed newish house in west. Drive 35,000km pa combined. Don't go out to expensive places much or buy expensive clothes, but always out at weekends doing some hobbies, fishing, kayaking, camping, kids stuff etc. When both kids are at school, my wife will be able to work and perhaps we can look at buying a house, perhaps when combined income is >$100k.

hi all, looking to hear from anyone who can help, myself partner and 2kids 6yrs old and 1yrs old moving to melbourne next year.

what income would you need to be getting to survive and live comfortable? i no the price of living in melbourne is much higher than ireland. thanks to all in advance!! x:biggrin:

We all live comfortably on very different amounts. Somebody has said they are comfortable on $70k, that wouldn't pay my rent. Neither of us are right or wrong.

What are you comfortable on in the UK? Multiply it by about 2 -2.5. That is the $ you would be comfortable on in Melbourne.

Archived