Found a job, but how long for 457?

Dennic

Hi everyone, my OH has found himself a job in Perth :wink:

Just wanted to ask a few questions that we are a little un sure of.

A: will we need medicals, he is a painter.

B: how do we find a rental property from England.

C: how long does this visa take.

He was on the phone to his new boss last night (English time) and he's told us about the job & so on but now we seem to be a bit in the air.....

Any help or advise would be welcome

Denni

Hello

Ok, taking each quesion in turn...

A) You shoudn't need medicals for this visa, unless you are planning to work in a school or health care.

B) You won't get a property from the UK, you'll need to look for temporary options for when you first get there and then look at getting a long term let. The process is here that you have to view the property before they will give it to you. The other way around this is if you trust someone already there to do it on your behalf.

C)For a straight forward application, the 457 can come through in as little as a week!

I'm sure others will be along to offer other responses soon.

Well done how did you come across the job did your oh just ring around and is your employer a registered sponsor congratulations anyway

Hi there, will depend a lot if the employer has sponsored before, we had a sponsorship fall through, had all our paperwork stamped and certified etc, Second sponsor had sponsered a dozen people over two years visa took 6 working days. I would get good colour copies of birth certs, liscences, passports and any supporting docs cerfified and book chest xrays, valid for one year so even if this jobs falls through you can recycle the paperwork for the next one. Good luck, can be daunting but very worth the effort in the long run. -)

Thanks everyone, my oh boss in Perth has sponsored families before us so we know he can he just need to up date it all, he put us in touch with an agent so cost is up in the $4,000 mark but from what I can see on this site it's on the right price. We did try going for the pernament visa, got loads of paperwork but TRA wanted loads more plus we was right on the July 1st changes and my oh had turned 44 at the start of the year. So was not looking good :(

A friend of my oh has a bro in Perth that has contacts in the work that he does so he got us in touch with the boss to be, and he gave it the thumbs up!! don't think we would have got far with ringing around because 1 thing I have started to see is If your not in OZ in person then you don't stand much chance. So we are now looking at a few weeks of waiting....

I'm so glad we didn't give up at the 1st problem, but if it don't work this way then it's not to be, but for now our dream is still alive :)

Archived