Hormone Replacement Therapy and check ups?

tuckersgirl

Hi all, iv posted on here before about check ups as i have to have check ups every 3 months here in the UK as i got diagnosed in Sept 2010 with Cervical Cancer, in March 2011 i was all clear and have been ever since. Im now moving to Warwick QLD in the first few weeks in September and me and my family (partner and two boys) will be on a 457 visa. What would be the best health insurance to get and how much? also how much will my hrt cost? im going to get 3 months worth before i leave. Im also going to need my 3 month check ups will i have to pay extra to see a gynecologist? Im confused on what ill pay for and how much, please if anyone can help id be much appreciated :-)

Sharna

Hi Sharna

Congrats on being given the all clear. :wubclub:

I have health insurance with Bupa but there are many to choose from so would advise you to get a few quotes. Also my pre existing condition was not covered for the first year, think that's standard practice.

Don't know the cost of HRT but you could possibly check out the Pharmacutical Benifits Scheme site. www.pbs.gov.au you can put the name of your meds into search.

Sorry I can't advise you as far as the gynecologist is concerned but hopefully someone will be along soon who can.

Good luck with this and all the best for your new life in Aus.

Jxxxx

Archived