Shipping tools?

WAITINGGAME

Hi

My husband is a joiner and have the shippers coming in a few weeks to send all our goods to Melbourne.

Anyway how did you all ship your tools, my husband is going to send his large saws etc in the container but the hand tools which mphe might need straight away did you send via a courier can you pay extra baggage on the flight? Can they go in a suitcase? These are his drill etc..?

Thanks

Guest Shell15

im interested as well, to post out up to 20 kg is about £180 which is ridiculous. My hubbie is thinking about taking it as hand luggage (extra large tile cutter and hand tools) but on the way over we are catching about 4 different flights so worry about baggage allowance for each flight.... I have to check there web sites, but if there was a cheaper and easier alternative i would like to know ..

See if you can send them out in a shared container ahead of you going they were willing to do it for me it will go by unit size if you had doubles you could send out a basic kit then what you were working with could be sent out as you leave

depends on your trade ie joiners have loads of power tools but check as they are as cheap over there

http://www.collectmyparcel.com/

We used these guys a couple of years ago. Very reasonably priced compared to there's, collected the following day.

We actually sent one on the morning that we left, we had a stop over in Dubai for 2 nights, and it beat us to Sydney. Just had to pay the quarantine inspection of about $50 odd, but was well worth it.

We sent things like toiletries and bits and pieces that we thought we would have enough room for but didn't. Well worth the extra bit of money.