is our money enough to get started?

catinahat1975

Hello i just wanted a few ideas of what people thinks is a good amount to start with.We will be moving to Perth in Jan 2013 and have around $40,000 after our flights and container.We expect that we will spend around 15;000 to set up with car, bits for a house, first rents ect and for a start to live as my wife will not work for a start.I will be working as a landscape gardener and have seen that after a bit i could earn around $55,000pa but with cost and all i see this is tight.We would like not to live by using all our savings first and i just wanted to see if there are any normal peolpe out there doing the same.I seem to reed only about people with enough to buy a house or high paied jobs and they are finding it hard .All good replys welcome

I guess it depends on how you live now, and what standard of living your expecting. Do you have children? 40k to start off with sounds a good amount, I remember a thread on here with people going over with less then 10k. I think once your wife is earning then you can live comfortable again depending on your expectations and your standard of living now. It is possible.

I am sure others will have better ideas and advice :)

Archived