advice on banks please

lostdf3

hi,

im just looking to find out any information from fellow poms that have made the move and your experiences with the oz banks, have read alot on here regarding charges for drawing out money etc. is there any chance of a breakdown of who would recommend a bank etc. Its a mine field all the information on line and would appreciate it to be simplified.

Everybody is going to have different opinions as to which bank is best - I personally like westpac who don't charge me as long as I pay in $2000 a month or more. NAB are really helpful on PIO and have their own thread and will answer most questions you have regarding their services.

NWM

Prior to leaving we opened an account with ANZ and im still with them now. We dont have charges on our account but they do charge for some so best to doule check.

We also use Suncorp (again no charges) and also happy with their service..

Cal x

Hi lostdf3

I'm an Aussie ex-pat, only living and working up the road. When are you heading out?

Aussie banks have mastered the art of charging, it isn't any wonder they are in good shape. It isn't all bad news though, with plenty of choice to find an account with the right one. Go to http://www.canstar.com.au/transaction-accounts/ . The main issue might be a lack of branches in your area or indeed costly cash machine charges. I think you need to be settled before worrying too much about it.

Getting an account from here might not be possible anyway, but opening an account with a major bank might be a start. You can then open your preferred account later on when settled.

Hope that helps.

Cheers mate

[/url]

user-offline.png

user-offline.png

Archived