Main applicant and dependent in 190 visa

Bala123

Dear All

Myself and my wife have applied for skilled assessment with vetassess, my wife's results are out and it is positive assessment, mine yet to get the result. Initially i was planning myself to be the main applicant and my wife to be dependent, just to score additional points i applied for her skill assessment also. Since her assessment is already in place am planning to apply an EOI for 190 under her name post our IELTS score. Now I will be a dependent. I was on wondering on issuance of visa will there be any difference for main applicant and dependent. As am planning to move to Australia first, and upon settling down call my wife, will it workout or the authority will require the main applicant to travel etc. will there be any restriction for dependent in terms of finding jobs moving in out etc.. or should i wait for my vetassess assessment and apply myself as main applicant. please advice on best course of action.

Thanking in advance and good luck to all..

I think someone will provide a more qualifed answer in due course, but I believe that the main visa applicant needs to enter first or at least with the secondary applicant. I may have got this confused, and that may apply to validation of visas. It's getting late here in Australia now, but I'm sure people will clarify in a few hours that have experience with the off shore processes.

There is a condition that can be applied to your visa 8502 which states that the Main Applicant must enter Australia first - this conditions is not always applied to the visa - but we have it on our visas for some reason - think it varies between Case Officers.

Therefore it is upto you if you take the risk of this condition being applied to your visa with your wife being the main applicant. What are your occupations??

Archived