Certify documents or upload colour copies??

jamesnparry

Hello All

Am waiting for my nomination to be approved and get the trn number. In the meantime I am collating all the supporting documents needed for the e457. I've read differing advice however. DIAC website states that all supporting documents need to be certified by e.g. a solicior. I'm sure I've read on here though that if you upload colour copies, you do not need to get them certified. Which is it? Also, I am the primary applicant. So what documents will my husband need to submit on our application? Just the general required docs of identity; status; health provision? or do we both have to submit forms 80 and 1221?

ps. I'd be completley grey by now if PIO didn't exist. Go PIO!:hug:

Hello All

Am waiting for my nomination to be approved and get the trn number. In the meantime I am collating all the supporting documents needed for the e457. I've read differing advice however. DIAC website states that all supporting documents need to be certified by e.g. a solicior. I'm sure I've read on here though that if you upload colour copies, you do not need to get them certified. Which is it? Also, I am the primary applicant. So what documents will my husband need to submit on our application? Just the general required docs of identity; status; health provision? or do we both have to submit forms 80 and 1221?

ps. I'd be completley grey by now if PIO didn't exist. Go PIO!:hug:

Here is the info from DIAC for my 190 visa application:

"...GSM Adelaide accepts scanned copies. If possible, please provide colour scanned copies of

original documents. If you are unable to colour scan documents, please ensure that the documents

you scan are certified copies. If you send us a scan of the original document, we can accept PDF,

JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats, although we prefer that it be in PDF format."

Good luck

That sounds promising - thank you. I've already colour scanned the majority and saved them in PDF so hopefully I'm good to go!!

For anyone else who is scanning in documents in jpeg format I think the website was fussy about the type of jpeg file I uploaded.

I cant remember if they wanted .jpg or .jpeg but I had used the wrong type and had to rename them.

It isnt obvious that this is the problem when your uploading them so watch out for it.

Regarding Certified documents Im gonna chance my arm and put in Colour scanned copies. If they want them certified Im sure they will tell you.

Archived