457 and skills assessment?

Guest Seabird50

Guest Seabird50

If a person is sponsored and matches a job description requirements, and is offered the job, do they still need to have their skills and qualifications assessed?

I have a daughter who lives in the UK and wants to join myself and her sister in Australia following her separation from a long-term partner. She is 27 and has just completed a Level 4 Association of Accountancy Technician (AAT) qualification, which is an accountancy not a payroll qualification. The skill assessment process requires a degree level qualification, or equivalent for any the accounting position types. If a University looks at her course structure and outcomes, is that useful?

How would this change if I lived in a designated regional area?

Finally are there migration routes for workbased training, or would this still fall under a student visa given that it is more than 20 hours of paid work per week?

Thanks

not 100% sure but I think you don't require a skills assessment as such for a 457 visa.

You do have to provide evidence that your current occupation is the same as the occupation your employer is sponsoring you for.

hopefully someone will have a better answer for you soon..

Archived