Application Decision : South Australia State Sponsorship

Guest kirank

Guest kirank

Hi,It has been four weeks i have applied for the SS (applied on 12 Jul 2012), documents received 16th July.I got an Update today on my State sponsorship that "immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monitoring this page and your email for the decision on your application"What Does this really mean?I know there is some thing called as occupation ceiling, so is this an indirect method of saying that they have reached the Cap Limit for this fiscal year?Thank You.

Edited by kirank
Spelling Mistake on the title

Guest kirank

Hi Antiq,

Do you know if there will be a different application Status in-case the occupation Ceiling reaches?

Hi Laura, the concept of reducing the points from 65 to 60 is to actually issue the visa to the working professionals who are atleast guaranteed to gain an employment if the visa is issued. this indirectly means the direct stream applicants (with out state sponsorship) need atleast 75 points to get an invitation (how ever you are eligible to submit the expression of interest for 60 points, but the chances are being invited are very less)

so the applicants who are getting less than 75 points started applying for state sponsorship as well. because it has been said that state sponsored applicants are automatically invited. This constraint is leading to a high traffic flow to wards any state sponsorship. so the State sponsorship approvals means a guaranteed invitation.

and since DIAC also have another constraint (the occupation Ceiling), the states will now rely on the IELTS Score when they nominate the applicant.

so, to conclude,

--> for the occupation which are having high volume of applications, the better IELTS Score leads to better chances of being nominated and also the waiting time is High.

--> for the occupations which are having less volume of applicants may still need to wait untill all the applications before you are processed, which would be atleast 8 weeks according to the last week update, so if you are going to apply next week,then it would probably be 12 weeks.

Hope this will help you understand.

Edited by kirank

Guest Khizoo
Hi Antiq,

Do you know if there will be a different application Status in-case the occupation Ceiling reaches?

Hi Laura, the concept of reducing the points from 65 to 60 is to actually issue the visa to the working professionals who are atleast guaranteed to gain an employment if the visa is issued. this indirectly means the direct stream applicants (with out state sponsorship) need atleast 75 points to get an invitation (how ever you are eligible to submit the expression of interest for 60 points, but the chances are being invited are very less)

so the applicants who are getting less than 75 points started applying for state sponsorship as well. because it has been said that state sponsored applicants are automatically invited. This constraint is leading to a high traffic flow to wards any state sponsorship. so the State sponsorship approvals means a guaranteed invitation.

and since DIAC also have another constraint (the occupation Ceiling), the states will now rely on the IELTS Score when they nominate the applicant.

so, to conclude,

--> for the occupation which are having high volume of applications, the better IELTS Score leads to better chances of being nominated and also the waiting time is High.

--> for the occupations which are having less volume of applicants may still need to wait untill all the applications before you are processed, which would be atleast 8 weeks according to the last week update, so if you are going to apply next week,then it would probably be 12 weeks.

Hope this will help you understand.

Here is the link to a spreadsheet that will help u to understand the processing of SA SS applications submitted after 30th June 2012

There are no priority processing. the applications are being processed date wise...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArviwOkQc_pFdG13MmN3VW1EZ2RELUZqZWRtNkRGa3c&pli=1#gid=0

Guest faster77
Here is the link to a spreadsheet that will help u to understand the processing of SA SS applications submitted after 30th June 2012

There are no priority processing. the applications are being processed date wise...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArviwOkQc_pFdG13MmN3VW1EZ2RELUZqZWRtNkRGa3c&pli=1#gid=0

who does moderate that list?

no approvements after 8 July :-(

Mostly ICT occupations.

I've submitted mine on 10 July (docs 18 July), status "unable to provide an indication of processing times"

261213, points 55..

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Guest faster77
Some people have mentioned ther status as "Refused - Planning level reached", what does that mean?

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/State%20Nominated%20Occupation%20List%202012-13%20-%202Aug12x.pdf

261111 ICT business analyst Medium Availability

261112 Systems analyst Medium Availability

261311 Analyst programmer Medium Availability

261312 Developer programmer Low Availability

261313 Software engineer Special Conditions Apply

So those who on 261313 occupation have been refused :-(

On 2 July all those occupations was Green High Avalibility.

Guest faster77
Finally,

Got my State Sponsership approval :D and also got the Invitation on 27th August.

Thank You.

+1 :-)

also got it today

Lastest update found in SA SS Website

''Immigration SA is currently processing applications received from 16 July 2012.

The standard processing time for state nomination applications is 12 weeks (this can change depending on the number of applications on hand at Immigration SA). This page is regularly updated with current processing times ''

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh Vow, so they have allready reached the Cap Levels :) for

My Code is 261314, fingers crossed :(..

hi Kiran, how many yrs of exp do u have in testing ... i just wish to know because i am thinking to apply for SA SS and i have 5 yrs of experience ....

thanks in advance ...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...