WHV Insurance

Guest Dazzo

Hi All,

Me and the GF are coming to Perth on a WHV in October after a stop in Munich, Singapore and Bali and we are stuck on what holiday insurance to get. We can get the cover for the places we visit first as it will just be a holiday but are we in need of a certain kind of insurance for the WHV?

Regards

Darren

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you M2M, it's a place for us to start.

Any idea on what sort of prices we should be looking at for a year WHV insurance?

I don't but you should be able to quote a few up. Also be careful in case you need to extend for the 2nd year as you usually have to be in the UK when you take your policy out

We used Downunder Insurance, you can spend I think 20% of your time outside of Australia on it. I compared loads of covers (did my own spreadsheet!) and this one offered the best cover in terms of personal effects and excesses. Lots of backpacker covers only let you cover personal items up to a measly £100 each or total of £1000 which wasn't enough for us with iphones, laptop, camera. Downunder let us specify items and add them to the policy. You can also add on extra time if you stay for another year in Australia (without having to be in the UK).

Cost us around £540 for a couple for the year.

We used Downunder Insurance, you can spend I think 20% of your time outside of Australia on it. I compared loads of covers (did my own spreadsheet!) and this one offered the best cover in terms of personal effects and excesses. Lots of backpacker covers only let you cover personal items up to a measly £100 each or total of £1000 which wasn't enough for us with iphones, laptop, camera. Downunder let us specify items and add them to the policy. You can also add on extra time if you stay for another year in Australia (without having to be in the UK).

Cost us around £540 for a couple for the year.

Thank you Nicolac and others I will look into that as I need a laptop to take with me!